Friday, May 10, 2013

Will Reversal of Entropy Lead to a World Power Fight over the Remote?

Recently, I read some findings from a lab in Germany where an experiment had been conducted to surpass absolute zero.  In theory this state really did not exist, but when this feat had been accomplished, the scientists observed the strange behavior of the particles in this extreme state.  It was expected that there would be no energy at absolute zero, but these particles were in super-high energy states.  The paper I read explained that this could mean properties such as entropy reversal.

Now this is very important to me, because I imagine what wonders we could do, if such a tool was developed.  I imagined tissue damaged or lost in a bad accident being completely restored to its original condition.  I imagined accident clean-ups, or s crime fighting tool.  Perhaps regeneration from reverse entropy could keep people from aging and maybe even defend us from death.

Now, of course, all of these ideas do not exist, yet, but these are the sorts of things I ponder over, frequently.  Now, as I thought of all the wonders we could do, I then imagined some of the evils that could also occur.  Two warring nations may use such a devise to reverse outcomes or to have more than one chance at a successful attack. 

I imagined two world leaders with remote controls in their hands fighting over what outcome would be the final one, much like two sibling might fight over which program or what part of a show or movie was to be watched.  So then I thought, maybe if I am ever involved in such research that I should not tell anyone, but that just didn't seem right either, and it does seem to me that eventually all secrets will be made known, and  if one withholds information from peace seeking nations, the hostile ones may steal the technology and develop a counter device.  Then we would really be in for a fight.

Just some speculations on the positive developments that could come from such research, and then on the other hand the nightmare that could also happen if such powerful technology is used for destructive purposes.

No comments:

Post a Comment